The Bioinformatics Core at the UC Davis Genome Center provides data analysis, infrastructure services, and training to the research community. We typically work on a project basis, at committee-based hourly rates. We have expertise in (among others):
- RNA-Seq differential expression analysis
- Variant discovery (SNPs, indels and translocations)
- Genome and transcriptome assembly
- Custom Bioinformatics and Statistical Analysis
- Development of custom scientific software, such as Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Creation and maintenance of technology infrastructures
- Web hosting and development of community tools such as Galaxy and the UCSC Genome Browser
- Various next generation sequencing technologies, such as Illumina and PacBio RS
Although we’re happy to talk with you at any time, we suggest contacting us before finalizing your experimental design, if possible, to set up a no-charge planning meeting or conference call. This will usually involve the UC Davis Genome Center’s DNA Technologies Core, a statistician to help ensure solid experimental design, and other relevant experts. We’ll generate a project description, arrange for data transfer, and estimate cost and time involved.
We look forward to working with you to help bring your project to fruition!