by Nikhil Joshi
***Registration is full***
Galaxy is a web-based front-end to a suite of bioinformatics software and tools that is completely open and free. It gives you the ability to do accessible, reproducible, and transparent computational biology research. In this bootcamp we will teach you the fundamentals of navigating the Galaxy interface as well as applications to bioinformatics problems. We will give you the tools and experience necessary to start using Galaxy for your own research and projects. If you would like to be able to use the wealth of free bioinformatics tools available, but do not have the time to learn the Unix command line, then this is the bootcamp for you!
Who Should Attend
- Graduate students
- Biology oriented project scientists and postdocs
How You’ll Benefit From This Bootcamp
- Get a basic understanding of how to use Galaxy
- Learn how to analyze data from NGS technology experiments using Galaxy
- Learn how to leverage free software to do RNA-Seq Data Analysis, Genome Assembly, etc.
- Learn how to create workflows, enabling reproducible science
- Galaxy Fundamentals
- Importing and grooming your data
- Quality Assurance and Improvement
- NGS Data Analysis