Registration Open for the 2012 Bioinformatics Short Course on Next Generation Sequencing
Registration is now open for the 2012 Bioinformatics Short Course on Next-Generation Sequencing sponsored by the UC Davis Bioinformatics Core. To register for the 2012 Bioinformatics Short Course and the fall workshops, click here.
Registration is now open for the following workshops:
- Bioinformatics Short Course
- When: Monday, September 10, 2012 8:30am to Friday, September 14th, 2012 5:30pm
- The course includes a rich collection of lectures and hands-on sessions. In morning sessions, leading experts in each field will introduce basic concepts as well as present real world practical examples. During the afternoons, students will have a chance to walk through software and protocols for handling next-generation data analysis. While biological and medical knowledge are helpful, students do not need to have prior programming skills to participate in the course.
- Cloud Computing for Bioinformatics
- When: Monday, September 17, 2012 8:30am to Tuesday, September 18th, 2012 5:30pm
- The course is designed to get scientists up to speed quickly on the various tools and uses of cloud computing, with a focus on Amazon Web Services. Previous experience with cloud computing is not necessary, but even experienced users will find the course helpful as we focus on the latest tools and best practices for bioinformatics in the cloud.
- Data Analysis & Visualization using R
- When: Wednesday, September 19th, 2012 8:30am to Thursday, September 20th, 2012 5:30pm
- This course is designed to harness the power of the R program language and tools such as Bioconductor to make sense of the vast data coming through the next-generation sequencing technologies. We will focus on the language, statistical models, and exploration of various tools and methods of visualization.
You can also check out a summary of our Past Offerings.